Fleet & Farnborough Chess Club meets throughout the year at a spacious, friendly venue with superb facilities for all ages and playing strengths. There is a licensed bar also serving tea and coffee.
- We welcome newcomers and experienced players alike
- We can provide advice and coaching for those keen to learn and improve
- We run three teams in the Surrey Border League
- We play an active part in developing chess in the local area
- We are working to establish links with local schools and colleges
- We actively encourage junior players and those getting started
- We meet weekly with no break for summer
- We can help recommend books, software and equipment
- We have many older players simply looking for quiet games of chess
- We’d like you to join!
We have (as in 2018) around 10 members of whom one is a very active junior (under 18). Our membership ranges in age from 11 – 90 and in English Chess Federation (ECF) grading terms ranges from around 30 – 170.
A game or board fee is paid for every game played in the League and this pays for administration and the costs of having games graded.
We have three teams in the Surrey Border League with opponents coming from Basingstoke, Camberley, Crowthorne, Guildford, Farnham, Godalming, Haslemere, Reading and Woking. Each team consists of five players.
We have an active management committee which meets regularly to look after the club members best interests and enhance the clubs activities.
You may contact anyone from the committee by email, telephone or letter.